November 13, 2012

Beautiful Blogger Award



Last week, Mandi from Sweet Tiny Blessings nominated me for the Beautiful Blogger Award.  I have "known" Mandi for some time now, and I really enjoy both her blog and her friendship.

Part of accepting this award is to follow a few rules.  I'm a rule-follower.  I always have been.  So, in the interest of adhering to the rules, here it is:

Thank the person who nominated you. 

Thank you so much, Mandi!  You were well-deserving of this award yourself, and it was so sweet to be mentioned by you.

Post the award image on your page.

Done.

Tell seven fun facts about yourself.
  1. I can touch my nose with my tongue.  And curl it into three little loops.  Sorry, no picture proof will be provided.  You shall have to take me at my word.
  2. I majored in Biology in college simply because my high school guidance counselor told me I couldn't handle a science major.  Four years later, I could say with satisfaction, "Hah, proved you wrong!" only to then wonder what I was going to do with my degree.
  3. I have read the Harry Potter series so many times I've lost track.  But I can quote Hermione in almost every applicable (and often non-applicable) circumstance.  "Twitchy little ferret, aren't you, Malfoy?"  See?  Totally non-applicable.
  4. I have always wanted to write a book based on my childhood.  It was a combination of Stand By Me (minus the dead body), Now and Then, and The Sandlot (minus James Earl Jones). 
  5. I always sing in the car when I'm by myself.  Which is made funnier by the fact that I live in the Bay Area, so there's a lot of traffic, and I frequently sit on a very crowded freeway, music blaring, totally rocking out and intentionally oblivious to the stares of my neighbors.  
  6. My favorite number is 6 because that was my favorite age.  First grade was a good year.
  7. Speaking of numbers, I'm not good with them (although one of my degrees is in math.  Go figure).  When I learned my numbers as a child, I gave them all personalities so I could remember their order.  I still sometimes think of their personalities when I use numbers today.  Which is why I am glad we are stopping at seven.  Eight is a real snob.
 Nominate 15 other bloggers for this award.

Goodness, that's a lot.  And I never really liked 15 (he never liked being in the middle, so he always crowded up against 16 to keep from getting left out).  So, I guess I'm breaking the rules.  Scratch what I said at the beginning about being a rule-follower.  I'm a rebel.  Bring on the leather jacket and James Dean movies. 


Miranda, from A ThankFULL HeartShe always grounds me with her words and reminds me that sincere gratitude is one characteristic of a beautiful heart.

Emily, from BabyBerryShe makes me feel a part of her small-town, family life when I read her blog.  It's like a cup of tea with a dear friend.

Erica, from Let Why Lead.  Besides being a fellow Bay Area resident (which means when she talks about places she goes, I take notes for our weekend explorations), she shares little bits of everything.  Motherhood, marriage, recipes... what her life is all about.  It's what my life is all about, too, so I relate so much to the words she shares.

Denise, from write-o-holic.  Denise is a first mother who blogs, in part, on her own experience with adoption.  Her voice is refreshingly honest in a way that is straight-forward without being offensive, a hard road to walk for many people.

Additionally, Denise is my partner for the Adoption Blogger Interview Project 2012.  Please stop back tomorrow to read our interviews with each other! 



6 comments:

  1. Thank you friend :). I'm not sure when I'll get my thank you post up or if I'll nominate other people but I'll be sure to post 7 fun facts :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. No worries at all. :) It's all in good fun, but I really do love your blog and feel you deserved the award.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erica {let why lead}November 13, 2012 at 4:06 PM

    Thanks, Tiffany! I'm honored to have been included and excited to check out these other ladies' blogs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rock on for getting that degree that your high school guidance counselor poo poo'd on. You are so awesome. When I was in college, someone told me I couldn't do it and I believed them. Grrr! Makes me so mad. Anyway, I love your fun facts and I'm off to check out your beautiful blogger nominations. I love Miranda from a ThankFULL Heart as well. I think you "introduced" us. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Mandi :)! Your comments never cease to make me smile. Thank you for being such a faithful reader & thanks for introducing us Tiffany.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much Tiffany! :) I am truly honored that you would think of me, and I am so touched by your sweet words... It has been so great to get to know you and your girls through your blog! And you had me cracking up through your 7 Fun Facts :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading and taking the time to share your thoughts. Your comments are so appreciated!