Last week, Mandi from Sweet Tiny Blessings nominated me for the Beautiful Blogger Award. I have "known" Mandi for some time now, and I really enjoy both her blog and her friendship.
Part of accepting this award is to follow a few rules. I'm a rule-follower. I always have been. So, in the interest of adhering to the rules, here it is:
Thank the person who nominated you.
Thank you so much, Mandi! You were well-deserving of this award yourself, and it was so sweet to be mentioned by you.
Post the award image on your page.
Tell seven fun facts about yourself.
- I can touch my nose with my tongue. And curl it into three little loops. Sorry, no picture proof will be provided. You shall have to take me at my word.
- I majored in Biology in college simply because my high school guidance counselor told me I couldn't handle a science major. Four years later, I could say with satisfaction, "Hah, proved you wrong!" only to then wonder what I was going to do with my degree.
- I have read the Harry Potter series so many times I've lost track. But I can quote Hermione in almost every applicable (and often non-applicable) circumstance. "Twitchy little ferret, aren't you, Malfoy?" See? Totally non-applicable.
- I have always wanted to write a book based on my childhood. It was a combination of Stand By Me (minus the dead body), Now and Then, and The Sandlot (minus James Earl Jones).
- I always sing in the car when I'm by myself. Which is made funnier by the fact that I live in the Bay Area, so there's a lot of traffic, and I frequently sit on a very crowded freeway, music blaring, totally rocking out and intentionally oblivious to the stares of my neighbors.
- My favorite number is 6 because that was my favorite age. First grade was a good year.
- Speaking of numbers, I'm not good with them (although one of my degrees is in math. Go figure). When I learned my numbers as a child, I gave them all personalities so I could remember their order. I still sometimes think of their personalities when I use numbers today. Which is why I am glad we are stopping at seven. Eight is a real snob.
Goodness, that's a lot. And I never really liked 15 (he never liked being in the middle, so he always crowded up against 16 to keep from getting left out). So, I guess I'm breaking the rules. Scratch what I said at the beginning about being a rule-follower. I'm a rebel. Bring on the leather jacket and James Dean movies.
Miranda, from A ThankFULL Heart. She always grounds me with her words and reminds me that sincere gratitude is one characteristic of a beautiful heart.
Emily, from BabyBerry. She makes me feel a part of her small-town, family life when I read her blog. It's like a cup of tea with a dear friend.
Erica, from Let Why Lead. Besides being a fellow Bay Area resident (which means when she talks about places she goes, I take notes for our weekend explorations), she shares little bits of everything. Motherhood, marriage, recipes... what her life is all about. It's what my life is all about, too, so I relate so much to the words she shares.
Denise, from write-o-holic. Denise is a first mother who blogs, in part, on her own experience with adoption. Her voice is refreshingly honest in a way that is straight-forward without being offensive, a hard road to walk for many people.
Additionally, Denise is my partner for the Adoption Blogger Interview Project 2012. Please stop back tomorrow to read our interviews with each other!